Summer Opportunity: Become a Totus Tuus Teacher
Totus Tuus is a summer program that visits parishes throughout the diocese. The team teaches the Catholic faith to children during the day and shares faith with teens in the evening.
This Catholic catechetical program dedicated to evangelizing youth teaching the faith. Our aim is to help all youth to develop their relationship with Jesus Christ. To accomplish this, we emphasize a devotion and love for Our Lord in the Eucharist and Mary our Mother, catechetical instruction, and vocational discernment. We strive to help the young understand their faith through catechesis so they may live it in today’s world. We do this in such a way that it is fun for both teachers and youth alike.
There are four young adults per team: two women, two men. They attend a weeklong training prior to being sent forth into the parishes. We strive to provide our teachers with an understanding of the faith, a strong prayer life, and an opportunity to witness to their faith.
It is our hope to inflame the hearts and minds of children through inspiring in them a true longing for holiness, a deep desire for conversion, and by empowering them to become Christian leaders by dedicating their lives totally to God and to live a life imitating the motto of Pope John Paul II, “Totus Tuus” (Totally Yours).
I. Pay, Housing, Meals, & Travel
Teachers will be paid a stipend of $266 a week for 9 weeks. Housing and meals will be provided, as teams stay with host families who will also provide meals. Each team will provide their own transportation through the generosity of a team member (mileage will be reimbursed by the Diocese of Duluth).
III. Teacher Applications
Teaching for Totus Tuus is an awesome opportunity and privilege with great responsibilities. Our teachers are chosen from among the most faithful, energetic, creative and truly zealous Catholic college students and seminarians from around the nation. To be considered for a position on our staff the applicant must have the following qualifications and desires.
Teachers will need to…
- Learn and experience the faith
- Work with a team
- Respect team dynamics
- Strive for a stronger prayer life
- Teach children
- Spend themselves in a rigorous schedule
- Make sacrifices
Teachers will be…
- A high school graduate
- A practicing Catholic
- A working knowledge of the Catholic faith
- A desire to work with youth
- Read and complete the enclosed application, sending into the Youth & Young Adult Ministry office by the deadline. (February 2, 2018)
- Send the enclosed referral forms to two referents. Referrals are due at the same time as applications.
- If accepted, you will be sent a teacher’s packet. The packet will cover such questions as where and when to show up, what to bring, what to study, etc.